Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce

 

The Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce

The vision of the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce (GCC) is to be a dynamic force within the community which empowers the growth and development of Goondiwindi and it’s surrounds.

At the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce we have an IDEA for what we can do to create value to the community. We want to be the leader in development and innovation within our local community through energetic engagement and action.

 

History of the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce

The Goondiwindi District Promotions committee was incorporated on the 18th June 1990 and was created to “develop a supportive climate for the conduct of business and commerce, for the development of employment opportunities and the growth and development of the workforce in the town and district of Goondiwindi.

On the 19th December 1999, GDP and the key members of the community held the first ever Gourmet in Gundy. The event was created to celebrate and promote the local produce to customers and trade contacts and although now being managed by Rotary, it has become a successful family friendly event that’s a favourite on the Goondiwindi calendar.

In line with the amalgamation of Goondiwindi town, Inglewood Shire and Waggamba Shire, we changed from the Goondiwindi District Promotions Committee to the Border Rivers Chamber of Commerce on the 4th June 2008 and later changed to the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce on the 11th August 2016.

 

Where is Goondiwindi?

Goondiwindi lies in the South West Darling Downs region of Queensland. We are located on the Queensland side of the Macintyre River which separates us from New South Wales. We are also the intersection of 5 major highways and are the gateway to Queensland for many southern travellers.

Although 45% of businesses within Goondiwindi are within the agricultural sector, the remaining 55% is spread amongst, retail, construction, health services and many more industries. We are a thriving community with many major events including Hell of the West, Gourmet in Gundy and Discover Farming but it’s our community spirit that sets us apart from other towns. Volunteerism in Goondiwindi is 50% higher than that of any other state and in 2018 we were described as “Regional living at its best”.

 

Who leads the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce?

Our members run the Goondiwindi Chamber of Commerce, each year at the AGM they elect a Committee to manage the association, set goals and determine policies. The Committee meets on the fourth Thursday of each month in the Family History Room in the Goondiwindi Library. If you would like to attend a meeting, please feel free to email admin@goondiwindichamber.com.au to organise your attendance.